[AT] Glub glub...

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu Mar 9 16:10:41 PST 2006

I was out in it this afternoon during the tornado warning, Farmer.  The
storm was moving around 50 mph and passed me by the time I could drive a
couple of miles.  The front was fairly long.  It stretched from Cairo to
Terre Haute, but the threat right here in Evansville was so low that we
didn't even rate a mention from any of the regional NOAA sites. Paducah,
Indianapolis, and Louisville all thought there were more threatening
areas even though a funnel cloud set down at Mt. Vernon -- 15 miles to
the west of me.  At least one house lost its roof in the Hovey Lake
area.

We got 3 to 5 inches of rain in the region this afternoon.  I suspect
that the Burn Ban has been lifted.  We'll be watching for your tractors
to come floating by, Farmer.  Maybe I can snag them with one of those
hefty magnets from Harbor Freight.  Wait a minute -- real rust is
non-magnetic.  :-)

Larry