[Steam-engine] Pouring Bearings

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Mar 9 06:22:47 PST 2006

Hi Andy;
  I sure you've seen the brass screw method.  If not email me.  This worked
great in my opinion and was able to get a nice pour.
   You might be getting the babbitt a little too hot.  Read somewhere that
excessive heat changes the properties of the tin.  Wish we had a more
postive way of measuring temp....possibly an IR temp gun is in the near
future.

   I guess if I were to pour the tops with cs installed, I'd preheat the
exposed cs with a couple blowtorches till she looked about right.  Kinda of
a trial and error thing for us...salvation being, we can't screw it up and
can re-pour.

  Have you seen Curt Hollands site??

  Regards
RickinMt.