[AT] Shop related - radio

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Tue Mar 7 14:50:16 PST 2006

I like to listen to the radio when I'm working alone in the shop, which is
99% of the time.  However, being isolated in Michigan's Thumb, we are 70
miles from any decent radio stations.  The local station leaves everything
to be desired.  Thus, I wish to put an outdoor FM antenna on the roof of
the shop with 75 ohm cable coming into the shop.  (I already have one of
these on the house and it works great!)  The radio I have in the shop is a
big portable with an extendable antenna, but it has no provision for
external hookup.  For those members who are electronically blessed, I was
wondering if there was a simple way to hook the cable to the existing
radio.  I do not wish to go to a newer digital radio as this one is rugged,
has nice big buttons for my clumsy hands, and is wired into a
switch-controlled outlet to make turning it on easy.  Any ideas would be
appreciated.  This is sort of tractor-related as it helps me keep my sanity
when working on old equipment.

Greg Hass
Bad Axe, MI
In the tip of Michigan's Thumb