[AJD] Govenor Repair

Dee Schuyler web22hsz at verizon.net
Tue Mar 7 17:08:15 PST 2006

While on a Govenor repair thread, let me add my 2 cents, and a question.
While working on my G a 41 I discovered my gov was pretty much wore out.
I have viewed the good tape on Gov repair, and I had also purchased a good
Gov at a swap meet, however the good gov was off a styled G and the tappet
oiling line was in a different spot, and was different. The inside parts all
looked the same, so I decided to just switch the good gears, shafts  and
weights, everything went fine and I moved on with some other work. Today I
went to install the mag and discovered that while the 41 G used a long lug
mag the later govenor guts used a short lug? Now I went to Magneeders web
site and his info shows that all G's used the long lug?
So I am guessing at some time in it's life  someone has changed that gov
before?
No big deal changing lug drives on the mag, but I was wondering if anyone
else has run into this?
Dee