[AJD] AR Oil filter stud

wwwayne johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Sun Mar 5 18:19:24 PST 2006

Tommy,
Hate to tell you this but I've mentioned it several times in the past.  The
casting on top of the filter head that the stud screws into is thin and if
the fliter nut is over tightened, it breaks a section out of the casting.
The sad answer is:  Crankcase cover comes off, something is wedged into the
break to keep it from turning and remove the nut from the filter housing.
Then, you have to pull the inner tube out of the filter cavity, disconnect
all oil lines from filter head, remove three bolts from inside top of filter
cavity and remove filter head out top of crankcase.  One hell of a job.  I
carry a cressent with me when tractor shopping just to check the filter nut
as I think this is worse than a stuck engine.  Let me know what you find.
Merle Wayne