[AJD] AR Oil filter stud

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 18:15:58 PST 2006

Hi Tommy,

    I think that you have a problem in the top if the
filter housing.  I am not sure but have read
discussion on this before.

    I was going to contact you today anyway,  as I
removed the grill parts that you wanted for the AR
today,  and my replacement has arrived with the same
parts so the ones I took off today are in fact extra.
If you will send me your address is a private e-mail I
will send them to you to see if you can use them.

     I think I have a filter housing in my parts AR if
you wind up needing parts from that as well..

                  Chris

--- Tommy Wilson <t17wilson at cox.net> wrote:

> I'm putting the AR back together. Today I belted it
> to my Farmall H
> and turned the engine, transmission and rear end
> over with diesel
> fuel in the cavities. After draining, we went to put
> in the oil
> filter. The stud turns and will not tighten. I tried
> to pry down on
> the filter cover while tightening but without
> success. Any ideas?
> According to the parts book it looks like the stud
> goes into the oil
> filter top. Could the threads be stripped? What is
> the fix? Thanks    TW
>
> Tommy Wilson
> Ruston, LA
> 1950 IH H