[AJD] AR Oil filter stud

Tommy Wilson t17wilson at cox.net
Sat Mar 4 15:16:28 PST 2006

I'm putting the AR back together. Today I belted it to my Farmall H
and turned the engine, transmission and rear end over with diesel
fuel in the cavities. After draining, we went to put in the oil
filter. The stud turns and will not tighten. I tried to pry down on
the filter cover while tightening but without success. Any ideas?
According to the parts book it looks like the stud goes into the oil
filter top. Could the threads be stripped? What is the fix? Thanks    TW

Tommy Wilson
Ruston, LA
1950 IH H
1950 JD AR