[AT] 560 clutch

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Mar 3 09:37:40 PST 2006

On 3 Mar 2006 at 7:16, Kevin wrote:

> Just got our 560 back together and the clutch seems to be engaging twice upon letting it out.  Like when I ease off pedal the tractor will start to move then upon full release of pedal it engages again.  I have adjusted an adjusted T/A and still the same thing. And I know this is not right, has any of youall dealt with anything like this ?  For I want to use the tractor to plow about 25 acres. And DONT want to be ruining the T/A in the process. And the 504 does not do this making me belive that the tractor is
starting to pull on the T/A clutch first. This is a complete different rear end, the old one had T/A eliminator in it so I need any help or info that youall know or have dealt with regarding this problem.

>  Also Thank everyone for the info on the fuel bowl.
> I found a bar of Fels Naptha old one as it had no bar code on the package. After pulling a 18" cotton string on the soap to coat it good and using it to packthe shut off. I have not had as much as a drip out of the valve.
> Kevin Mosier

	Hi Kevin:

	I "might" know what your problem is...   When those engineers first wrote the book
on how to adjust those clutches they didn't base it on a very old tractor with a few
thousands of wear here, a few more there, more yet someplace else. They write those
 books based on new tractors. On my MTA I soon learned that I needed to adjust it by
 the book then tweak it a little to allow for all those tiny bits of wear. If it is adjusted by
the book it drags and will not let you shift the gear shift unless the lever is pulled back.
After it is adjusted by the book I then tighten the link until it will release fully when the
clutch is down but the  lever forward.
	No guarantees, just my personal observation.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net