[AT] Mad as H***: Cattle ID cont. (long)

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 08:42:36 PST 2006

My grandfather taught me to bid up the price on the buyer sometimes you buy
your own cattle back but at least you get the best price that way. Also don't
sell fat cattle you get a lower price per lb. My cattle are all grass fed
and have little fat so I get top dollar at the sales I bet the buyers are
surprised when they go across the scales.
Also I sell some off the farm where I set the price I get the best  price
this way a lot of my Limousin friends are doing this now rather than  taking them
to the auction.  I sold two heifers last year for $800  each  I would have
got about $550 at the sale yard.
If you are selling 10,000 a year you pretty much have to sell in lots but
you can pick your own time and place to get the best price. Its not up to the
buyer you can always refuse a sale if you don't like the price you just over
bid  and pay the sale fee. But then you city people wouldn't understand any of
this.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361