[AT] 560 clutch

Jason DeJoode jldejoode at highstream.net
Fri Mar 3 07:11:32 PST 2006

When you put the clutch disc in, did you slide the disc back and forth on
the splines to make sure there were no burrs on the spline where it could
hang up a bit?  Also it's often recommended to put a very light coat of
grease on the shaft too.

What might be happening is the disc is binding on the shaft so when you
release the clutch, the disc binds up a bit on the shaft and starts to move
the tractor. Then it works it way free again and then grabs good when you
release the clutch all the way.

Jason DeJoode
Eagan, MN