[AT] Mad as H***: Cattle ID cont. (long)

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 00:13:28 PST 2006

Greg, I know $20,000 sounds like a lot of money  but add $3.00 to sale of
each cow and you will have a $10,000 profit. Now that  would more than offset any
cost wouldn't it.  We get all wrapped up in big  numbers when we should break
it down to the smallest to see how best to take  care of the problem.
A car company can add a $1.00 to your car and you won't  even know it. but
they will get over $1,000,000 in profit now that sounds like  big money.

You might just as well enjoy this because its going to be with  us for quite
sometime. I sell 3 to 4 calves a year on my small farm that's only  $6 to $8
dollars Big deal. But then I don't sell my herd for $8,000,000 dollars  either.
Your brother is big time compared to the rest of us little guys he  should
not worry about a $20 tag tool.
I bet the higher cost of hay this  year will be a lot more than these tags
are. With the cost of fuel going up we  who sell hay will no doubt raise our
prices to compensate for it.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361