[AT] looking for small / interesting tractor to restore.

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 2 20:23:49 PST 2006

Larry
I bet few people remember the old Terraplane, and its unusual gear shift!
Our rural mail delivery man drove one for several years.  It used a steering
column shift with a one inch dia.stationary housing sticking to the right
approx ten inches.  The last 2" had a scale model  "H" pattern selection
within the housing with distance across the H being less than 2"; the gear
shift lever was a chrome plated 1/4" dia rod sticking up toward the driver
approx 3/4".  I thought it was "neat".
Herb