[AT] looking for small / interesting tractor to restore.

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu Mar 2 18:31:16 PST 2006

That's one of three shows we kind of "haunt", Herb.  It's the last one
of the season.  The first one is the Foothills show at Hickory, North
Carolina on 19 & 20 of May.  Then it's on to the Portersville show
(Portersville, Pennsylvania) on the first weekend of August.  Lawn and
Garden tractors are the featured tractor this year at Portersville, so
we're expecting well over 50 Power King and Economy tractors on display.
Power King and Economy were both brand names from Economy Engineering
Products, so the name has nothing to do with Economy hit-n-miss engines.
Since I saw you last, I completely restored an Economy, serial number
191, made in 1947.  I show it with a restored MD-6 (McCormick-Deering)
sickle bar that the company modified and sold as a mid-mount mower.
I'll be at Hickory, SIAM (here in Evansville), and Portersville, but I
don't know if I'll make it to Arden this year.

Oh, there are several collectors who show at the Florida Flywheelers
also.

I thought of you when I picked up a Cub Cadet the other day, Herb.  It's
a model 106 which I think is the same model you used for making your
mini-Allis G.  It's for sale if you know of anyone looking for one.

Larry