[Farmall] H governor

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Thu Mar 2 15:43:11 PST 2006

Have never had one of those governors apart, however over the years we have
ahd 5 or 6 tractors with that style governor.  They were all sluggish, and
a 350 utility we had (the only one we ever ran in cold weather - it had a
loader on it) on really cold days would have to warm up for 15 minutes
before the governor would even work.  Back when these tractors were still
more widely used, I remember seeing in the IH parts sales brochures a
governor rebuild kit that was supposed to cure this problem.  Not sure if
they would still be available from CaseIH.  I have my doubts.  I have a
hunch the only solution to the problem would be one of those kits, or a
used governor if you could find a tractor with one in it that had been updated.

Greg Hass
Bad Axe, MI
from the **snowy** tip of Michigan's Thumb