[AT] Ot : Ford 1984 pickup

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jun 27 05:24:07 PDT 2006

william.neff.powell at comcast.net wrote:
<snip>

> Also, does 13 mpg seem right for the 85 diesel? 6.9 Engine. I talked
> to a guy that got 20 mpg on his 7.3 Diesel Ford....
I have an '83 F350 mason dump with the 6.9 diesel, and I get about 16
mpg loaded or empty. I did have one small problem that caused poor
mileage: the copper washers on a couple of the injectors (like the
washers on spark plugs) somehow disappeared and allowed some leaking
(and reduced power). I don't know how this could have happened, but when
I replaced the washers, the mileage improved.

Mike

> Regards,
>
> Will Powell
>

> -------------- Original message ---------------------- From: "Thomas
> O. Mehrkam" <tomehrkam at houston.rr.com>
>
>> My 1976 F150 the switch was in the middle of the dash. It was
>> labled but it was wired backwards. We ran out of gas on the way
>> home from the Dealership. Gage showed 1/2 tank on the front tank
>> and Empty on the rear.
>>
>> Finaly figured that out. Restarted the truck and rewired the switch
>> when I got home.
>>
>> Mike Sloane wrote:
>>
>>> Oops - it finally came back to me - the switch on the F250 wasn't
>>> a knob - it was a skinny switch, up and down, but not marked,
>>> next to the radio. Sorry about that.
>>>
>>> Mike

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be
unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong. -G.K. Chesterton,
essayist and novelist (1874-1936)