[AT] OT - Laptop reccomendations

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Jun 25 19:40:58 PDT 2006

The easy way to get top notch support from Dell is simple. Buy your
machine from the business side of the company not the regular consumer
side. Business customers get Gold support which is US based. Not real
hard to define a business with them either. Mikes Tractor Restoration
Support sounds good to me.... They don't ask for much past that anyway.
The other thing with Dell is that on the business side YOU spec out the
machine much more than on the consumer side.

Oh and the reason why Gateway and Emachines are a problem- they are the
same company now. Both of which are going downhill fast.
Lenovo (IBM) still makes a fine machine. HP/Compaq used to be OK but
since the merger they have been sliding downhill due to poor management
skills.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York