[AJD] 1-B Corn Sheller/Update

Richard E. Garrett rgarrett at evansville.net
Wed Jun 28 06:10:16 PDT 2006

GREG,
You are probably looking at a #1-A. They were galvanized, had red, and
were made from 1924 to 1936, when they were replaced by the #1-Bs.
Before the #1-A, the #1, made from 1916 to 1924, was iron and wood,
and I believe red, but I can't prove that, because again I have no
color pictures.
Thanks, Richard
On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, greg at theoldtractorcompany.com wrote...

>Ok, heaved my behind out of my chair and walked out into the
showroom. The one we have
>above the parts counter, way up high, must be a 1B also as it is iron
and what looks
>like galvanized. The lettering is faded but appears to be have been
red. I'll take a
>closer look and see what's in my sales catalogs.
>
>My son Dan had his leg rebreak two weeks ago which required another
surgery. It may
>turn out to be a good thing as they straightened the leg from what it
was and
>installed a rod this time. The plate had snapped in his leg. Worst
thing is he has
>slid way back on the two months of rehab therapy he had been doing.
His cast is off

rgarrett at evansville.net> sent:

According