[AT] OT - Laptop reccomendations

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 25 18:50:26 PDT 2006

Hi Mike, I do a lot of computer repair and upgrading here  and build a
few new systems from scratch for people  also, My advice is to stay away
from HP, Dell and  for sure eMachine. Both HP and Dell have very poor
tech support unless you speak fluent spanish or Indian, and then they
are to poorly trained to be of much help anyway. I have had many
eMachines here and they are cheap junk built with the cheapest parts and
also want a credit card to talk to them after your year is up. Gateway
is also not so good when you need parts or help. I would recommend
Toshiba or IBM myself. as for wireless, there is about any device you
could want available. I have three computers online here. My Linux-Unix
machine, my wifes XP pro machine and my grandkids win98 box on a wired
ethernet and have several extra cables for machines being worked on and
also a wireless hot spot right here. Ed