[AT] OT - Laptop reccomendations

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sun Jun 25 17:20:17 PDT 2006

My laptop is an older one but the only thing I really miss when using it
as compared to my desktop machine is the size of the monitor.
Larry's suggestion about a machine are basically what I would recommend
other than I don't do as much AV stuff as he does so for me the XP Media
Center Edition is of lesser importance.  The 1 gigabyte of memory I
would make as a minimum as the new Windows Vista is reported to need a
minimum of 512 megabytes just to run with 1 gig being better.  XP
handles that amount of memory very well as compared to older Windows
versions.
The USB connected hard drive is an EXCELLENT (and inexpensive) idea.
My salt for the pile <g>.

David
NW NC