[AT] Antifreeze questions

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 08:17:14 PDT 2006

Ok, like I've said in the past, I admit I get confused
easily. <g>
Does anybody know of a site that tells the differences
and compatibilities of anti-freezes?
I'm using Green, Gold, Dexcool, and Cat Red, and now I
hear that there are at least two more types out there.
 I have searched till my fingers were numb (or was it
my mind?).  I've asked all my suppliers and they
haven't been able to help much either.
What I do know is this:  Green, ok for gas engines for
about 2 years, Gold (Ford), an extended life good for
diesels, Dexcool, an extended life version of Green,
and Cat Red, formulated for heavy duty diesels.
Is there one product a guy could use or is it like my
lubricants, just keep increasing my stock and try to
label everything so the guys in the field can add the
right stuff?  Not to many years ago I had two types of
antifreeze and only about 6 oils, now have all four
anti-freezes and about 20 oils.
Thanks in advance.
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, MI