[AT] pipe threads

Mike Reggie mrreg_99 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 23:59:40 PDT 2006

  This is just a guess, but I always thought the "F" after the NPT stood for
female, I've also seen it following the designation NPS, which is generally
just used for electrical fittings and is the same thread without the sealing
capability of the tapered thread. Again just a guess, but could the thread
you are looking for be a JIC thread?? I don't know how long that thread has
been in use, but it seems to be a finer thread than the standard pipe
thread, and I think it tapers.
  If I was near my copy of Machinery's Handbook I could check, but it is at
the shop and I am home.

I hope this is of some help ........ Mike