[AT] John Deere 55 straw shopper--conclusion

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 23 14:32:58 PDT 2006

  A few months back I was searching for a straw chopper for my John Deere 55
combine. I was having trouble finding one at a salvage yard so I appealed to
you guys for help in locating a salvage yard with older machines. I finally
located 2 at salvage yards. Kind of pricey though. Then I got an e-mail form
list member Bill Darnell. To make a long story short, he had 2 complete
choppers and would make me a deal on one of them that included all the
mounting harware and drive mechanisms at a price that I couldn't refuse. I
got the chopper about 3 weeks ago. Some reapirs were in order but we had it
ready 8 days before we started cutting wheat. It, and the rest of the
combine, ran flawlessy. Many thanks to Bill for pulling this thing off and
sending it to me---it wasn't exactly a 30 minute one-man job. Also thanks to
everyone on the list that offered salvage yard suggestions as well as to
Spencer for keeping this outfit running. Once again this list has come to my
rescue!!!!!!

John Hall