[AJD] howdy again from the desert

Quartzsite Charlie ckkukral at rraz.net
Thu Jun 22 22:45:08 PDT 2006

Howdy again guys..

well, seems a lot of us read this, most of us just don't have need
to blab often..
However..
I am doing my first restoration .//./  1949 John Deere B, and am
about at the stage to start priming...

Now, the books say one thing, a local body man says another, and
an ole retired J D mechanic says something else..regarding
primer and paint.

I am told that we now have a water based primer, water based
acrylic enamel, and that they are better than the usual stuff...

another says no...

Sure would like some thoughts from some of the restorers
reading this...
and one thing to consider... here in SW AriDzona, our morning
temp is near 80, afternoons will be in range of 105 to 115 for
the next 2+ months...

thanks
Q Charlie