[Farmall] Zenith carb on Cub?

The Turtle turtle at fred.net
Thu Jun 22 14:25:31 PDT 2006

I ordered a replacement carb from Yesterday's Tractors for a 1960 Cub
Lo-Boy I mow with -- one of the new Zeniths rather than a rebuilt Marvel
which they didn't have in stock anyway.

Anything weird I should know about before I pull the old Marvel off there?
I've had that carb off before and the thing is just old and tired... it's
got that weird sort of Dr. Seuss look about it as the aluminum has warped
over the years from heat and vibration.

The carb set me back $165, and YT said they'd give me $40 for my old one,
which I don't want anymore anyhow.

If there's anything I should worry about before I tear into it in a couple
of hours, email me off list, OK?  If anybody else wants my old one, it'll
be available in about two hours.  It leaks, it doesn't idle right, but
it's original!

Turtle

   Listen to my Podcast, Words and Music:
      http://www.theturtle.biz
You weren't using those 30 minutes anyway.