[Steam-engine] Suction hose

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 05:38:14 PDT 2006

Francis & Robert, I wasn't asking about the injector
but rather the ejector a.k.a. jet pump for filling the
tank.  You do still make some good points.  I also
asked about the length of hose hoping to gain some
insight from those who have "been there & done that".
I also never thought to much about the size of the
hose.  I know that the ejector has 3/4" steam and
delivery lines.  I will have to look at the water
inlet for size.  It is bigger as I recall.

--- Francis Orr <steam.boat at verizon.net> wrote:

> Andy,
> Another good hose is a piece of old steam hose. It
> will not collapse on you
> and it is designed to be wet. No one seems to have
> mentioned a strainer or
> possible use of a foot valve. Old tanks have rust
> and nothing stops an
> injector faster than debris in the jets. Keeping the
> suction line full of
> water reduces the chances of the injector getting
> hot.
> Francis A. Orr

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN