[Steam-engine] Suction hose

Blake blake at little-mountain.com
Wed Jun 21 15:27:14 PDT 2006

You're welcome.

Length would depend on how far you need to pull the water and how far
up on your engine your ejector is. If you are just pulling it from a
stock tank on the ground, ten or twelve feet might do. If you're
gonna take it from a pond or a creek under a road bridge, you're
gonna need more.

The higher you are lifting the water, the more the hose is gonna want
to collapse in on itself, so consider that in your hose choice. If
you're going for an authentic look, black hose would probably be
better than the clear stuff. I like the clear because you can see
your water clarity as you're sucking it up.

BTW, I think the clear dairy hose I had was either 1/2" or 3/4" ID.
Can't remember for sure, but it sure filled the tanks faster than a
garden hose from a spigot.

Blake