[Steam-engine] Suction hose

Robert Smith bobsmith5 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 21 14:09:41 PDT 2006

Andy --

Blake's suggestion seems good.

For the low vacuum levels required for injector suction lines we have
found that ordinary garden hose works well also.  Use the older rubber
walled hose of a couple of decades ago.  I'm not sure I would trust the
walls of this new, cheap, skinny stuff you see today.  Heater hose and
the red rubber coated industrial hose that has fairly stiff walls also
seems to work well.  Try  http://www.mcmaster.com  as a source of
supply.

   Best wishes,

        Bob Smith