[Farmall] Steel wheel question

Arthur Umland artsd at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 09:06:46 PDT 2006

    A couple of weeks ago I visited my niece and her husband who live on
an acreage near Stanton, NE; southeast of Norfolk. My first visit to
their acreage and while walking around I spotted some IH equipment
which Glenn had pulled out of the wind break. Two steel IH rims were
there that measured 48 inches across and had flat spokes. The lugs were
all that and carried an IHC 32871DA part number. Sorry, could not see
an IH part number on the rims themselves and would guess that the lugs
may fit a number of tractor rim possibilities.

    I suggested to Glenn that they were probably from an F-12 or F-14, but
am not sure about that. If someone has a better suggestion or can
confirm my thoughts please let me know.

    Also, Glenn would like to pair the steel rims up with an appropriate
tractor. He is not looking for restoration, just a "lawn ornament" that
complements the character of the older farm house and barn that are
there. Anyone reasonably close to northeast NE and having a candidate
tractor for this use? I would be glad to pass the information to Glenn
if you contact me.

    Regards,     Art