[Farmall] Farmall Super C

Larry Hardesty ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Wed Jun 21 05:20:55 PDT 2006

Folks,  Just got back my dad's older Farmall Super C.  He purchased it new
in 1951 or 1952 (need to check the serial to be sure) from Lowe's IH
Implements in Mullen, Nebraska.  My mother sold it at the auction in the
fall of 1962 after my dad died that spring.  My uncle purchased it.  He sold
it has his retirement auction in 1981 to a neighbor.  I have been trying to
get it from him for the past 15-16 years.  He finally had his retirement
auction this past Monday.  Probably paid too much but got it.

The old tractor hardly has a speck of paint on it but tin work is fine.  It
spent is life in the Sandhills of Nebraska where fairly arid.  It was used
in the hayfields for pull a sickle mower until three or four years ago.
Smokes a little and been converted to 12 volts.  Gauges are not working.  A
remote hydraulic system running off the touch control system had been put it
on it to operate the hydraulic cylinder on the mower.  I plan on taking that
off.  I did get yesterday from a salvage yard the hydraulic pipe for the
touch control and reconnected it.  Touch control works but missing the right
hand rod from the control lever.  Needs a new air cleaner.  The original was
plastic and long since broken up (although pieces still there).  Shutter and
shutter rod missing.  The tractor has front wheel weights and the extra long
axles (Dad was not going to pay for it, and told the dealer to cut them off;
dealer decided not to charge for them).

Plenty of grease, missed up wiring, broken gauges, etc. to work with for
quite awhile.

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska