[AJD] crankshaft bearing replacement

wwwayne johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Tue Jun 20 14:59:32 PDT 2006

I know of one case where the crank cleaned up ok and only the bearing was
relaced.  Mike the shaft carefully after cleanup and go from there.  If its
within specs, can do.  Usually only the aluminum bearing tears up if it was
short exposure and if it only damaged one bearing, you're probably ok.  Id
cleanup and check before I pulled the crank.  If the crank is out of specs
after cleanup, the crank will have to come out.
Merle Wayne