[AJD] crankshaft bearing replacement

kreig astroguy at nas.com
Mon Jun 19 21:22:37 PDT 2006

I purchased a 620 a few years ago with a siezed engine.  My investigation
showed that gasoline in the oil caused a loss of lubrication and one spun
bearing on the main crankshaft.  The engine turns perfectly by hand or
starter but obviously needs a bearing replacement.

Is it possible or practical to remove the flywheel, main bearing covers, R&R
the main bearings on the left side only and reassemble?  Or do I need to
pull the whole crankshaft? This is not a project for the coming weekend but
am thinking of a project for the coming winter.

Thanks,  Kreig