[AJD] how did JD survive?

Michael Dixon mpmbd at yadtel.net
Mon Jun 19 12:34:11 PDT 2006

I did quite a lot of work with a 1939 G in the late 1940's and early 1950's.
It was ultra-reliable. We often ran it from daylight until dark, it had no
lights. At lunchtime, someone would bring more kerosene in 5 gallon cans. We
would refill the tractor, I would go eat, and he would drive the tractor
until I got back. Local fellow had a 3 room house and wanted to move it to
another part of his property to build a new house on the same site. He had
Farmall H. It would not pretend to move the house. So he reluctantly, with
some embarrassment, asked us to try with the G. House moved!