[AT] generator = ee

Thomas O. Mehrkam tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Sun Jun 18 06:46:20 PDT 2006

If you knew what a FET was you are younger than Me.

BiPolar transistors where the vogue. I do not remember learning about
FET's. But it has been a long time.

My first engineering Job was converting some Peanut Sorter machines from
Vacuum tubes to Transistor electronics. Planter Peanuts had a couple of
factories full of these Vacuum tube machines and wanted them refurbished.

I sure would of loved to had access to some decent FET's for that
project. I got rid of all the tubes except for the Photo Multipliers. I
tried Silicon sensors but at that time there were none that would work
without changing all the optics.

It was a great first project. I was able to use a lot of my Tv Repair
experience in reverse Engineering the Vacuum tube ckts.

You do remember having to repair TV's don't you.