OT Re: [AT] Generator--doing funny things, Now electronics.

Thomas O. Mehrkam tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Sat Jun 17 11:35:06 PDT 2006

I guess 25 years from now all that expensive John Deer equipment being
produced will just be expensive yard art.

Oh By the way I fixed the AC on the Suburban. There was a chafed wire in
the engine compartment. It was blowing the transistor in the control
module. I hate Intermittent problems.

It could only be found with a visual inspection. I got lucky and spotted it.

I took that expensive $226 module back to GM and exchanged it for a new
one. They only made $150 off that sale. I could make the electronics
section for about $5. The plastic junk surrounding it was probably
another $10. All that was wrong with it was a 26 cent transistor.