[AT] Generator--doing funny things

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Jun 16 21:57:00 PDT 2006

Trust me I agree with you 100%. Try being an auto mechanic and playing
with the most current crop of autos. The latest notice I have talks
about the next level of OBD planned for 2009 or so. LOT's of fun there.
Makes me glad I sold the shop and now only work on my own stuff.

Back when I started doing electronic repairs on radio gear it was
discrete components and tubes, now it's 3 chips and a prayer.... Our
fire radios now are smaller than the hand mikes we used to use. I just
replaced my SMC rework station because the newest Kenwood's we have use
component packages that use an even tighter component count.

Same thing with the current OTR trucks. By plugging in a laptop they can
tune or look at everything that drivetrain has been doing since the last
data pull. The new bus the local school has is so computer controlled
that one button push opens the door, turns on the lights, and locks the
brakes when you stop. It has been into the shop 7 times in the past
month because of it.......

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York