[AT] Farmall carb

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Jun 16 17:40:20 PDT 2006

But I don't think that brass/bronze material is actually sintered.  As
some others have said, it's a filter material that has been around
forever it seems like.  There area number of applications for it, but
one of the most common is the "drain" on carburetors.  I always think of
it in terms of the "Chore Boy" kitchen scrubbers that my mother used to
keep at the sink to scrub pots and pans with.

When owners inadvertently remove the filter material from the breather
plugs on the final drives of Power King tractors (which use the same
stuff) I tell them to replace it with coarse steel wool.  Of course,
steel wool isn't rustproof the way the brass/bronze material is, but it
functions the same way and if you're using it in a location that isn't
filtering a solvent, it lasts fairly well.

Larry