[AT] Generator--doing funny things

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 12 04:42:08 PDT 2006

Hi John, I have a couple questions, first how fast is the generator
running rpm wise? also is there any kind of load applied like a light
bulb or anything because if there is no load a lot of the voltsage you
are reading may be rms voltage because of no current draw. An example of
rms , I was testing oil furnace ignition transformers last winter and a
10,000 volt one will read 13,500 volts with no load applied.. I have a
geneset here that turns 3600 rpm and another one that only turns 1800 to
produce 60 cycles per second, when setting the governor speed the
voltage can go up rather rapidly when over turning the generator.. Ed