[AT] Generator--doing funny things

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jun 12 04:56:01 PDT 2006

I use a digital fluke meter to set the RPM of the engine for 60 cycles under
load, I try to load the generator to half capacity for 60 cyle RPM This is
supposed to be 3600 or 1200 depending on the generator.  I use an old 220 V
wall heater for the load..  You will get some fluctuation in cycles but
ususally not more than 1/2 cycle.  That is what I shoot for.  The voltage
thing is probably a capacitor being used for voltage stabilization.  Try
hooking up a 200 watt bulb after you get the RPM set and try your voltages.
I test my generators at 130 v and 60 cycle under load and this tells me what
the real capacity is..

If you need more help let me know

Cecil in OKla