[AT] Cutting Tractor Tires

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Jun 11 15:25:57 PDT 2006

One last comment, Dave, FWIW.  About 50 years ago, my father was giving
me some OJT on pointers for car care and I was fighting the installation
of a new set of shock absorbers.  His comment was, "Water for cutting
rubber, glycerin for lubricating it."  But then he said, "You can only
use glycerin one time -- when it dries out, it acts as a glue between
rubber and steel so that the rubber is forced into flexing and you'll
never have squeaks in the mounts.  (But heaven forbid that you should
ever want to separate the rubber and steel again.)

Larry