[AT] Cutting Tractor Tires

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Jun 10 16:06:04 PDT 2006

A guy I work with used to do rubber lining work in big tanks, etc.
He is the one that told me about wetting rubber to cut it.  Of course the
rubber they cut doesn't have steel in it but they cut it with a knife that
looks like a butcher knife.   Without the water the knife will drag so bad a
man can't pull it.  Pour on a little water and it will  zip right through
the rubber.

In the case of tires, you still have to deal with the cord and maybe some
steel so the power saws are needed but the water (or some other fluid)
should speed things up a bit.  I've tried water while cutting heavy conveyor
belts and it helps with that.

Charlie