[AT] Cutting Tractor Tires

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 10 13:24:47 PDT 2006

I have cut a lot of tires. I use a electric circular saw with a course
tooth carbide tipped blade and some water mixed with liquid dish washing
soap. Another idea you may try is to get ahold of a tire recapping place
like I did and they gave a bunch of left over artic tread capping
material that was used to cap the old bias tires that are not used
anymore since the advent of radials. I have a hitnmiss tractor with a
Sears converison unit that made a model A ford into a tractor of sorts.
The local capping place gave me the material just for telling people at
the local shows they gave it to me....The tractor weighs 3500 lbs with
the 1390 lb Hercules hitnmiss engine on it and has had no problems
climbing up steep ramps onto the trailer. Ed