[Farmall] Farmall AV

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sat Jun 10 05:35:07 PDT 2006

John,
I have not seen any documentation to suggest any AV's were built without the
V letter marked in both the serial and engine numbers.  Based on usual IH
practice at the time, had it not been marked as a separate AV model, the
serial number would most likely been followed with an X code.  You don't
show an X code either.  Your tractor was probably converted using parts from
another tractor, probably years after it was built.

Bobby,
The first Super A was serial 250001 in 1947.  If your father's tractor has
Super A parts along with a serial number below 250001, it has some sort of
history as well.  By the way, Farmall A 33711 was built in 1940.  A
production was shut down in 1943 due to the war.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net