[Farmall] #@%$& Cub Electrical Question

Mike ChaplainHu at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 13:17:50 PDT 2006

I acquired a Cub and was told that there was no generator on board. Low
and behold, after taking off the hood, there is a generator without a
belt. I took it off and had it checked and it is cranking out 9 volts
fine. I got a belt and the generator shop man gave me a new 6 volt
voltage regulator that had been on his shelf for years.

After studying wiring diagrams I discovered that the Cub is supposed to
be positive (+) ground. The battery is hooked up negative (-) ground.

I am just wanting to make sure I am doing the right thing since it is
obviously running negative ground OK. Should I just reverse the battery
leads, polarize the generator and go on? Or has something been done to
it to allow it to run negative ground?

Thanks,

Mike Atwell,
Sunny and Hot Texas