[AT] Who would have thunk it...

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Jun 8 19:45:56 PDT 2006

	I got the steering back together with the new bearings on my Yanmar 1500 and have
been mowing with it this week trying to get ready for a family reunion this weekend.
The steering works fine but it does have some non adjustable play in it from wear in
the recirculating ball block and the grooves in the worm on the shaft. I think a
little later I will order a new shaft and block assembly. About $120 from the outfit
in Texas but it is working basically OK for now so I am working it.
	It had some old diesel in it when I bought it and while it ran OK it did seem to
hammer a good bit and smoked a lot of black smoke. It seemed a tiny bit rougher than
I liked but I blamed the old fuel. I bought new fuel and that seemed to help a tiny
bit but it didn't change it a lot. Backing up a bit... list member Scott Pike had
inquired about some soy-diesel at a farm show and they sent him a 5 gallon can of
it. Since he didn't think it would do very well in his gas Allis's he gave it to me.
  Thanks Scott...   <(^¿^)>
	I filled the tank with that and the change was remarkable... In about 20 minutes it
lost most of the hammering and the smoke went almost totally away. The running
smoothed out and it pulled that 5' finish mower with much less effort...  Convinced
me.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   <(^¿^)>

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/