[AT] Case thresher elevator chain

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 13:10:07 PDT 2006

The Heidrick Ag History Center has a Case threshing
machine (not sure right now what size it is) that
we've been using the last few years at the Family Farm
Festival that is cosponsored by the museum and our
Branch 158 of EDGE&TA. I have wanted to get my own
thresher to use at the show which will be on Father's
Day weekend. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have it
operable by then. My machine came from Oregon and had
last been used about 12 or 15 years ago at the Oregon
State Fair. It is worn, but complete and everything
appears to be in operable condition once I get the
return elevator chain fixed.The bottom part was filled
with filbert nut shells (filberts are grown mainly in
Oregon), straw, and rat nest debris.

I am also working on buying a John Deere 8 foot pto
driven binder, which was last used two years ago. For
now, we are using  Fred Heidrick Jr.'s IHC binder. The
barley is ready to cut and we will start  cutting some
of the field  within the next week, then leave the
rest to be cut during the show.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com