[AT] AC gas/diesel engine?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Jun 2 10:11:13 PDT 2006

Hello,

I believe there was an S crawler. AC did make an "Oiler" engine that ran on diesel, it did have a spark plug. I don't recall if it was mentioned that they started on gas... I don't think that many were made. (Less than 10?)  I did see one advertised on ebay, but the seller said the injector was gone and he was running it on gas.

Didn't the WC's start on gas and then switch to Kerosene? I wonder if the engine on the crawler does the same?

Does it have injectors?

Norm Swinfords "Allis-Chalmers Construction Machinery & Industrial Equipment"  talks about the old diesel dozers. I don't have the book at work, if nobody responds I will look it up tonight....

Regards,

Will Powell
Pottstown, PA,
Birthplace of the Golden Gate Bridge.