[AT] AC gas/diesel engine?

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Fri Jun 2 10:39:47 PDT 2006

Sounds like an SO (O stands for Oil engine).  These used a license built
version of the Waukesha-Hesselman oil engine.  It was basically a low
compression (6 or 8 to 1) spark ignition engine with direct fuel injection.
They were started on gasoline using a hand pumped primer system that
injected gas into the intake manifold, then switched over to diesel or other
low grade fuel fairly quickly.  Most of them have had the injection system
removed and replaced with a carburetor, although there might be a couple
still running as original.  As far as other applications, I don't know of
any, but they may have been offered as a power unit as well.  I don't have
any further details at hand, but I might be able to dig something up if you
need me to.

Brett Phillips