[AT] AC gas/diesel engine?

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:51:54 PDT 2006

I remember Dad using parts off an old S crawler to rebuild his (1942?)
HD-10. Apparently the final drives, clutches, and I believe tracks and
rollers interchanged. I know he blew the final drives out (roller out
of one of the bearings from the right side pinion? shaft went by on
the track and caught his eye) and got parts from the old S crawler
(well, that's the way I remember it!).

Dunno exactly what they used for fuel on the S crawlers but Dad said
it was the Gas version of the one he had. I know there was also some
sort of spark-fired kerosene burner from AC and Case had one for a
short period too (Case's was a Hesselman on the L, I believe. Had
problems with kerosene diluting the oil and wrecking the engine).

Ken in AZ