[AT] Planting corn today

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Jun 1 09:08:07 PDT 2006

On 30 May 2006 at 13:02, Indiana Robinson wrote:

> 	I need to plant my big corn crop this afternoon...   <(^¿^)>
> 	I have the planter attached to the Super MTA so I can plant 4 rows of indian corn
> (color corn to some folks) about a 1/4 mile long. It is almost as much work planting
> that patch as it is to plant a field... The difference is that it pays many many
> times better than field corn...   <(^¿^)>

	I did get my huge corn crop planted. Actually I ended up planting twice as much as I
originally planned. 8 rows about 1/4 mile long. It is in good fertile well drained soil and
with a shot of fertilizer it should produce very well. While I am slow to use a lot of
insecticides willy-nilly I probably will spray this a couple of times using the sprayer I have
 built onto the #$%& CUB
	I also actually got the bush-hogging done that I wanted to with the Super M Farmall.
 I need to give the pumpkin
patch a spraying with glysophate now and then again in about 2 weeks when I start
 planting pumpkins. I will split the pumpkin planting into about 3 plantings. One in about
 2 weeks and one each of the next two weeks. I need to plant a 1/4 mile row of castor
 beans maybe today. I hope to have enough to sell some seed next year. The seed is
ridiculously high priced on them. That row will be interspersed with sunflowers mostly
 for looks but also to feed the birds.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   <(^¿^)>

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/