part prices (was Re: [AT] OT Hay question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Jul 14 08:57:01 PDT 2006

When I worked for a NH dealer a couple of years ago, we noticed the same
phenomenon. And the strange part is that Case IH and New Holland are all
part of the same company. If you look at their tractor, skid steer, and
implement lines, you will notice that the only differences are that they
have different colors model numbers - they all come off the same
manufacturing lines! And the parts tags are starting to have a "CNH"
logo. Yet, NH prices are regularly lower than IH and much lower than
Case. Go figure.

Mike

DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:

> Yesterday I was at the Case IH dealer and saw a guy buying a bearing it was
> the same bearing that we had just bought at the New Holland dealer same brand
> and all. It cost him $30 we paid $15 for the same thing. Someone is sure
> making a big profit on  their parts.
>
> Walt  Davies
> Cooper Hollow Farm
> Monmouth, OR 97361
> 503 623-0460

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods
or no God. -Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and
author (1743-1826)